Friday, March 23, 2012

State Test Stress

As the days count down to state tests, all teachers feel the stress. My students recently took a practice state test and I was not so thrilled with the results. But I am trying to remind myself that even though these state level tests are important, I know in my heart that I have been working very hard with my students.  A test is a snap shot of one day of the student's ability.
There are so many factors as to how a child performs on a test on a given day. 
  • What if they didn't get enough sleep?
  • What if they have test anxiety?
  • What if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed?
As long as I have tried my best to teach the skills they need and showed my students that I care for them, I have made a difference in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment