Thursday, April 26, 2012

3D shapes and Euler's formula

I was reviewing old pictures of geometry activities to put in centers. I came across several I thought I would share.
Angles
I read Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland by Cindy Neuschwander to the students. They drew a mural of the town in the story making acute and obtuse angles. 


3D shapes and Euler's formula
We read Sir Cumference and the Sword and the Cone by Cindy Neuchwander and constructed 3D shapes with toothpicks, marshmallows, and gum drops. They also colored and constructed nets and build a town out of them.









This year I added the Angry Birds nets! I found it on Angry Birds.



3 comments:

  1. Ms. Sanders,
    I found you through Desktop Learning Adventures. I was also one of her 11 nominees (Diving into Differentation). I just wanted to let you know that you are doing great things. I am always looking for upper elementary appropriate hands on activities for math. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Thank you so much for your kind words! I always love getting positive comments to keep me going. I will look up your blog and hopefully we will be able to share ideas together! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an intern for a 5th grade math class, I love this idea. My mentor has me teaching the Geometry Unit next February. Anymore ideas? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete