Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

Ok so I found the cutest 12-12-12 activity yesterday to do with my 6th graders involving the 12 Days of Christmas. For the life of me, I can't remember which site I found it on. I am pretty sure it was a blog that I follow...so if you know, please post a comment so I can give proper credit. On to the show...

12-12-12
The Cost Of The 12 Days Of Christmas 

Materials needed: pencil, paper,and a computer
website:  PNC Christmas Price Index
The students take a virtual trip around the world collecting prices of each item in the 12 Days of Christmas song. Some prices have increased since last year, so they must figure the percent of increase and add it to the original price. Also they have to multiply by how many items they have. The cost of each golden ring is multiplied by 5. 

This is great for decimal/percent conversion, multiplying decimals, adding decimals, and several other objectives. 
 











The students colored the corresponding picture for which day of Christmas I assigned them.
They also found the total cost of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment