- Gave the students their Conversation Heart MMMR sheet I made for them to collect data on.
- Gave them Laura Candler's Valentine Heart Data Analysis sheet (link above).
- My fabulous math tutor took 4 students at at time in a group to predict and weigh their box in grams.
- Students recorded individual data and class data for each color candy.
- Students found MMMR for individual data and class data.
- Made a chart using data and going to construct a bar graph of each color tomorrow.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Valentine's Day Mean, Median, Mode, and Range Candy Activity
Thank you Laura Candler for your Valentine Hearts Data Analysis I found on Teachers Pay Teachers! It's FREE, teachers!!!! I spend $3 on boxes of conversation hearts for my 5th grade today. $3 WELL worth it!!! I covered so many objectives in this lesson...measurement (weight), mean, median, mode, range, addition, subtraction, charts, graphing, etc. Here's what I did: