Monday, April 15, 2013

Area, Perimeter, and 3D shapes:"Get on the Floor" & "Fold it up"

"Get on the floor!!!"
Students measured to find the area and perimeter of the figures I taped on the floor in the hall by my room. My co-teacher did this activity and her kids seemed to "get it" and by the way, your janitors won't be upset with you!! :) Painter's tape is great because it doesn't leave a sticky mess!
Find the area and perimeter of the shapes
Find the area and perimeter of this shape and compare it to figure C


Find the area and perimeter of the figure

  
One of my precious students working hard!  

 "Fold it Up!"
Students had to have a refresher lesson on 3D shapes. I did a quick review with the nets. Then the students were able to tell me how many faces, edges, and vertices there were in each shape.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment