Friday, July 12, 2013

Liebster Award x2 :)

Thanks to Megan over at Fun in 5th for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is the second time I've received that honor. but the first time, I really was still trying to understand the blogging world. So here we go...
The 'rules' to accept this award...
  • Link back to the blogs that nominated me
  • Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
  • Answer the questions posted for us by my nominator
  • Share 11 random facts about me
  • Create 11 questions for my nominees
  • Contact my nominees and let them know of their nomination 
Nominations for blogs with fewer than 200 followers:
1. Elizabeth at Hodges Herald
2. Traci at The Bender Bunch
3. Dawn at Dawn's Math Dazzlers
4. Katie at Mind Sparks
5.Dee at Mrs. B's Nook
Some of my new favorite blogs have already been given this award or have over 200 followers.

Megan's questions for me:
1. What is your favorite school supply? Colorful pens or brightly colored Sharpies
2.  What is the last DIY project you did? Painted a cross for a benefit for a local lady trying to get prosthetics. This is out of old Beaded board from my house renovation.
3.  What is your favorite sport and sports team? Don't watch sports...I love to watch the Olympics when it comes on though. I love to watch the sprinting and swimming in the summer and ice skating in the winter.
4.  How do you come up with blogging topics? Off the top of my head :)
5.  What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
6. Who would play you in a movie about your life story? Sandra Bullock or Reese Witherspoon...not that I look either one of them, I just think they are fabulous!
7.  What is your favorite cookie? Warm, melty, chocolate chip
8.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? To Amsterdam to the Anne Frank Museum
9.  Do you have a classroom theme, and if you do, what is it? I guess it's safe to say I'm going with technology this year. iThemed
10. What color best describes you and why? Yellow because I try to be in a good mood all the time
11. If you could invite someone famous (living/dead) to dinner, who would it be? I would invite my Mom. She passed away when I was 12 years old. I have so much to tell her and ask her.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I married my high school sweetheart. We started dating when I was 14.
2. My favorite TV show is Army Wives.
3. I have a serious sweet tooth...cakes, cookies, candy, etc.  
4. I waitressed before I got my teaching degree and LOVED it.
5. My favorite part of history is WWII, the Holocaust, and the Great Depression.
6. My husband and son both have birthdays in March, but my son and I both have birthdays on the 29th. Mine's in August. I got a Hurricane for my birthday one year-BOO! Hurricane Katrina!
7. I really want to visit Paris, London, and Amsterdam.
8. I have a letter from Miep Gies and an autographed postcard. My class several years ago sent her cards at Christmas and she returned a letter to me and my class. She died the next year. Talk about a piece of HISTORY!!!!
9. I love to try crafty DIY stuff and love to paint. Especially antique window panes.
10. I used to play the piano, and kinda wish I still could.
11. I wish I wasn't so tall...It's hard to ever find pants long enough when you are 5'9".


My questions for them:
1. What is your favorite vacation spot?
2.  What is your favorite lesson/topic to teach?
3.  Do you drink coffee? And how do you fix it?
4.  What's your favorite movie and why?
5.  What is your favorite quote?
6. What is your favorite "go-to" blog for teaching ideas?
7.  What is your favorite childhood memory?
8.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
9.  Do you have a classroom theme, and if you do, what is it?
10. What is your favorite school supply?
11. Do you brown bag it or eat cafeteria food?


 




3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination! I waitressed before becoming a teacher too and that's pretty neat about Miep Gies.

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Traci! Hope you have a great summer!

      Delete
  2. I am your newest follower :) Come stop by if you get a chance - I'd love to hear from you!

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete