Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter egg math

I hid eggs in my classroom today that contained some math problems and a few prize eggs. The kids love homework passes and free Dojo points!! 
I let the kids pair up with a friend and set the class timer on 30 minutes. The kids went around the room finding eggs. They would work the problem on their notebook paper then place the egg back where they found it. Then move on to another egg. The first pair of students who finished first with the most correct answers earned a free 100 in math. I hid two homework passes and two +5 Dojo points in my surprise eggs. The kids love collecting Class Dojo points. The student with the most points at the end of class gets a prize from the treasure chest. If I would have given the students a worksheet with 15 math problems today... They would have not been so excited to see test prep on Easter party day, but this way they had fun, worked together, and learned from each other. 

2 comments: